It's chilly outside. There's no denying it anymore.
Days are shorter and nights are getting colder.
Sometimes you just want to go home and know you have a nice hearty stew waiting to warm you up!
Here's one recipe you might want to try:
- 200g of dry red beans
- 150g of dry chickpeas
- 200ml of tomatoes passata
- One chili pepper
- One onion
- 500gr of curly kale
- 5 big carrots
- 6 medium tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Leave the pulses soaking in a bowl from the day before, better if in bicarbonate of soda.
- Cut the onion and chili pepper and add them with a little bit of olive oil, to a pressure cooker pot. Stir fry until soft and golden.
- Cut the carrots and the tomatoes in small slices.
- Add the carrots to the onion and pepper mix. Keep on stirring for 5 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the pulses, then add them to the pot and stir them for another 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and parsley to taste. Stir for another 10 minutes.
- Once everything is mixed, add the passata.
- After mixing it well, add the kale. Keep on mixing.
- Add boiling water to the mix, make sure there are roughly 4 fingers difference between the surface of the water and the legumes.
- Add salt and a bit of olive oil, mix and put the pressure cooker lid on.
- Cook for 30/40 minutes (check your pressure cooker manual) from pressure point.
And ready to eat!
Let me know if you try it and if you've enjoyed it.
You can cook a bit batch and keep it in the fridge/freezer for those cold nights when you need some comforting.
Subscribe to Colpo D'Occhio's Newsletter!
Follow me on Twitter to carry on the conversation.
Are we Instagram mutuals yet?
Like Colpo D'Occhio's Facebook Page for more content and instant update