If you've been following me for a while, you probably know that I've been trying to find a way to make myself care about fitness. I've tested different things and I still can't bring myself to practice them regularly.
I just don't get the fuss.
There are probably two kinds of people, those who are meant to be sporty and enjoy it (or be very good at pretending) and those who rather spend their time doing something else and think running is for cowards.
I'm 100% in the last group.
However, I did say I was going to try my best this time and I'm a very driven woman. If you can't jump over an obstacle you can always try to go around it, right?
I want to be fit. But I don't like going to the gym or practicing sports. What's a girl to do?
1. Wear heels everywhere. And I mean everywhere. Skip the squats, the lunges and the deadlifts. A good pair of heels as constant companion will tone your legs and calves like if they've been carved by an artist and they will do more for your posture and core strength than 3 hours in the gym every week (probably...) OK maybe they will actually shorten your calves but don't the experts say stretching is fundamental? So start stretching those calves.
2. Use the tube only during peak times. If you've ever been stuck in the tube during the early hours of a work day morning or around 6pm, you know what Hell feels like. Running up and down the stairs because there's simply no space on the right side of the mechanic ones (cardio). Never finding a seat and spending 90 minutes on your feet trying to keep your balance without falling face first on a stranger's back (pilates). Finding your inner zen to stop yourself from going on a murder spree (yoga). You get the idea. Also, you go places.
3. Go on shopping sprees all around town. No taxi or uber allowed. A whole afternoon walking around the city checking your favourite shops, queuing, trying outfits on and carrying bags back home (don't tell me good shoes and bags aren't heavy) That's a Bodyweight session right there!
4. Wake up 20 minutes late every morning. Because if you start your day by being late you will be short of time until you go back to sleep, which means... You have to run everywhere. You see where I'm going?
5. Have kids. No, seriously. Have children that are under the age of 10. If they also happen to be active children who, unlike you, love any kind of exercising even better. There is no group class that can compete with running after them and with them all day long. In fact, I'm surprised there isn't a trendy work out already that encourages you to put your favourite gym clothes on and follow your kids everywhere they go for a whole day!
What about you? Do you have any tricks to stay fit avoiding the gym? I'm all ears.
Subscribe to Colpo D'Occhio's Newsletter!
Follow me on Twitter to carry on the conversation.
Are we Instagram mutuals yet?
Like Colpo D'Occhio's Facebook Page for more content and instant updates.