At some point in our lives, we stop being nonchalant about the passing of time and we realise it does or will affect us too.
Maybe we notice our first fine lines, we lose weight and realise our skin doesn't look as tight as it should, our hair gets finer and suddenly our energy levels aren't the same we had when we were 20.
This is when our brains start to get full of things that sound a lot like anti ageing creams and treatments, going to the gym, sleeping more hours at night...
However, although these things can help our mood, self esteem and overall health, we can't forget about the most important factor of all: what we eat.
Choosing what we put inside our bodies carefully shouldn't be something we start doing once we start worrying about ageing. It should be part of every culture and upbringing.
I'm not claiming that food alone will make you look 10 years younger, but eating a healthy balanced diet is the most important thing you can do for yourself. The experts also tell us that ADDING a few superfoods to your diet as soon as possible will help a whole lot. It doesn't matter how old you are, make sure you are enjoying some of these:
1. Berries: Blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, grapes, you name it. They are a great way to fight against age and infections. Special mention to cherries. They are super high on enzymes that fight against the ageing process of our bodies.
2. Green tea: Just like cherries. This drink is very high on enzymes. A cup of green tea a day will help restore your energy levels while you keep the wrinkled at bay.
3. Avocado: A good and healthy source of fat. Eat it on its own or mix it in your salads. Your skin tone and brightness will thank you.
4. Kimchi: This traditional Asian delicatessen made of fermented chilli and raw cabbage will keep your heart and muscles young and add a bit of spice to your meals.
5. Greens: Do you want your skin to look firm and terse? Don't forget about kale and spinach, their antioxidants will keep your skin elasticity up for many years and they have many other health benefits. Why not have them in a smoothie (link)
Do you use your meals as a beauty and health treatment? Which are your favourite ingredients?
Subscribe to Colpo D'Occhio's Newsletter!
Follow me on Twitter to carry on the conversation.
Are we Instagram mutuals yet?
Like Colpo D'Occhio's Facebook Page for more content and instant updates